Friday, April 05, 2013

JENNA & JONAH'S FAUXMANCE by Emily Franklin & Brendan Halpin

First read: April 2012 - So it was a year ago that I read this and I don't remember reading it anywhere specific. I do remember laughing out loud and really enjoying the story. I don't know how long it took to read, but I do remember ripping through the last few chapters to see how it ended, as I do. As a consequence, the details were hazy when I was trying to remember how it all came together.

The Story: Jenna and Jonah star in a TV series called How to be a Rock Star or some such nonsense. They have been forced, for the sake of ratings, to fake a romance. But they really loathe each other. Or do they?  And then all hell breaks loose career-wise and they are forced to take a look at their relationship, their careers and what they want out of life. I make it sound serious, but it is pretty light and fluffy, but also tender and thoughtful.

Re-read April 3-5, 2013 - I love the behind the scenes in Hollywood feel as well as the misunderstanding the vagaries of love aspect. I still feel like the ending was a little confusing, even the second time around. I get what happened, but the last chapter is written in a way that makes you twist your brain a little bit. Go ahead and read it, you'll see what I mean. It's worth it!

Summer Reading Tips:
  • This is a beach read if there ever was one! It is pretty much pure romance with a dash of fame.
  • For a project you might write an episode synopsis for a reunion show of Jenna & Jonah.
  • Read this one during commercial breaks in Zoe 101 and get an appreciation for what the actors might be going through!

No comments: