Tuesday, May 28, 2013

DROP DEAD HEALTHY by A.J. Jacobs

First read: I read this over February vacation this year while visiting my parents in Florida. I kept sneaking off to read, which I know is rude, but the book was so funny, I didn't want to put it down. Sorry parents...

The story: This is a non-fiction account of Jacob's quest to become the healthiest man in the world. In 27 short chapters he visits all the areas of the body and presents his experiments in maximizing their healthiness. Some areas he manages to master right away. Some take several chapters. He spends a lot of time on the stomach and the heart with hysterical results. His wife and children are also affected by his experiments and the whole thing is just wonderful.

Re-read: I read it so recently I didn't feel a need to read it again for summer. But I probably will at some point because it was fun as well as informative.


Summer Reading Tips:
  • Make your own health plan based on Jacob's research.
  • Read this book standing up.
  • Better yet, read this book on a treadmill!

No comments: