Sunday, October 23, 2011

CONFESSIONS OF THE SULLIVAN SISTERS


Here is the one thing I didn't like about this book - the cover. Those three glammy girls are not how I pictured sensible Norrie, hard-headed Jane and sweet, sad Sassy. But other than the cover photo, I loved everything about it from the slightly confusing first chapter to the horribly perfect denouement.

I meant to read Standiford's HOW TO SAY GOODBYE IN ROBOT and never finished it, but now I am going back, because she can write. These girls all had very distinct voices and their stories were gripping. 

I don't want to give too much away other than to say that there is a lot to love about this book.  Also I feel compelled at this point out that this is not a book review blog and the only reason I am writing it is to remind my old brain of what I have read. So just trust me, the less I say about a book (other than raving about how much I love it) the more likely I am to remember it because it was awesome.

And this was awesome, so go read it.

No comments: