Monday, December 31, 2012

REREADS 2012

Usually I don't count my rereads when I am tallying up the yearly totals, but I was shocked at how low my numbers were for the summer. Then I remembered that I did a lot of series rereading. And doggone it, I want those numbers so that when a student asks me how many books I read a year I can honestly say - around 100. So here are the repeat offenders.

Shining Through by Susan Isaacs and The Stand by Stephen King
These are two of my all time favorites. I bought them to read on the ipad to see if I liked it. I did, but I think only because I knew I loved them. I have had a heckova time dragging myself through the digital copies of  MY LIFE by Keith Richards and THE GUNSLINGER by Stephen King that I bought. And I am pretty sure that if I were reading them in print I would have cranked. I read these both in November

The rest of these are series books that I read in July and August.

EDWARD EAGER
Magic By the Lake
The Time Garden
Knight's Castle
The Well Wishers
Half Magic
Edward Eager is a mid-century playwright and children’s author who was influenced by E. Nesbitt and writes fantastic magical books with high expectations. And I love him!

MAUD HART LOVELACE
Winona's Pony Cart
Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown
Heaven to Betsy
Betsy in Spite of Herself
Betsy Was a Junior
Betsy and Joe
Carney's House Party
Betsy and the Great World
Betsy's Wedding
Maud Hart Lovelace wrote these and they are my favorite series of all time. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am fairly obsessed!

LAURA INGALLS WILDER
On the Banks of Plum Creek 
By the Shores of Silver Lake  
Little Town on the Prairie       
These Happy Golden Years    
I attended Laurapalooza (the Laura Ingalls Wilder Convention) this year. It inspired me to reread these. They hold up very well. I reread THE LONG WINTER every year during the first snow day, but we had no snow days this year! Look for it in next year’s list!

No comments: